Apple’s iPod Upgrade – forgotten after the iPhone Disappointment
On September 12,2012, Apple Inc. not only introduced iPhone but also range of next generation iPods and their successor of Earbuds, The Earpods.
After the iPhone disappointment, lets see if you could find anything “innovative” with Apple’s iPod class.
- Introduction : Fame and underwhelming which has been the backbone of Apple’s bundled earbuds but the EarPods are here, which hopefully change that.
- Cost : Packaged with the new iPhone 5, 5th-gen iPod touch and 7th-gen iPod nano, and also available for anyone with $29 but it’s time to watch whether they deliver or make a symbol of something else.
- Introduction : In today’s press conference, Apple announced a new version of iTunes for Mac and PC, it’s a major update in the company’s digital media desktop, with built-in iCloud support and a redesigned UI(USER INTERFACE).
- Description and Look : USER INTERFACE has wider look and focus on a grid of album .
Apple iPod touch
- Introduction : The new model will be available for pre-order from 14 September in a choice of black, silver, pink, green, or blue. It comes with the new EarPods..
- Main Theme : Main theme is the latest, better and larger iPod Touch.
- Look : It consist of the iPhone 5’s height approx, with a 4in, 1,136 x 640 resolution Retina display, but it’s even more better than the already svelte new iPhone, at 59 x 6 x 123mm (WxDxH), and weighing just 88 grams.
- New Technology : The iPod Touch also uses the A5 processor chips , making it the first dual-core iPod Touch , and it has Lightning, Apple’s new 8-pin dock connector. It also gets a revised 5-megapixel camera with backside illumination, the new panorama feature, a hybrid IR filter, f/2.4 aperture, a five-element lens, auto-focus, and a new sapphire crystal lens cover that should prove more durable than before.
- The bad news : The new model starts at £249 for 32GB, and £329 for 64GB. There’s no less expensive 8GB or 16GB version. As a consolation prize, Apple is keeping the older iPod Touch around, and is now selling it at £169 for 16GB and £199 for 32GB.
- Suitable For : Gamers, streaming radio fans, movie watchers on the go, or anyone who wants to run iOS apps without signing up for an expensive iPhone contract.
- Introduction: Apple announced today at its special event in San Francisco two new iPods, including the fifth-generation iPod Touch and seventh-generation iPod Nano. The new iPod Nano is now very different from previous versions.
- Added Information : Last year, Apple didn’t announce a new iPod, prompting rumors that the company might drop the popular music player from its portfolio. But that’s the furthest thing from the truth.
- Cost : Revamped iPod Nano (£129).
- Description : We weren’t huge fans of the existing model, which seemed too small and awkward for a touch-based device.
- Features: The new one makes a lot more sense, as it returns to a rectangular form factor with a 2.5in, 240 x 432 resolution touchscreen. The iPod Nano measures 40 x 5 x 76mm (WxDxH), and weighs just 31 grams.
- First time : introduced Bluetooth,
- Special Featrures : video playback ,an FM tuner and pedometer.
- Storage : All iPod Nanos now come with 16GB of storage and the new EarPods.
- Availability in : It is available in white, black, purple, green, blue, yellow, and red, but not silver or grey.
- Suitable For : Anyone who likes having their iPod separate from their phone, or who needs to upgrade an old, broken iPod that no longer holds a charge.
- Colours and Pricing : The iPod Shuffle carries on largely unchanged except for colours and pricing.
- Cost : The 2GB iPod Shuffle costs £40, also comes with the new EarPods.
- Availability : In pink, yellow, blue, purple, green, and silver.
- Features : As before, the iPod Shuffle measures 31 x 9 x 29mm (WxDxH), and weighs 12 grams.
- Suitable For : The iPod Shuffle has a legion of fans who like to exercise, set up a playlist at home, and don’t need to look at a display while they’re on the treadmill or running at the park.
- New Technology : The venerable iPod Classic – complete with 1.8in spinning hard disk and Apple’s Click Wheel – soldiers on unchanged.
- Cost : The iPod Classic costs £199.
- Storage : 160GB of storage.
- Availability : It comes in silver or black.
- Features : It measures 61 x 10 x 104mm (WxDxH), and weighs 139 grams. The 2.5in colour LCD has an LED backlight but doesn’t support touch; it offers a 320 x 240 pixel resolution.
- Special Note : Note that the iPod Classic still comes with Apple’s older earbuds instead of the brand new EarPods.
- Suitable For : Audiophiles and home stereo enthusiasts looking for a lot of storage for not a lot of money, including those with large Apple Lossless collections for the best sound quality.